[Sentoa] Completion of the Great Circle Route

William Hjerpe wdhjerpe at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 06:49:20 EDT 2004

Dear Tuggers
Donna and I are proud to say that we have officially completed the Great
Circle Route.  We left Sanibel Island Florida on June 18, and our Nordic
Tug, Resolute has earned her name and is now in Alton Illinois. Cruising
across Florida, up the eastern seaboard, into the Hudson River and New York
Canal system, through the Great Lakes and Welland Canal, and down the
Illinois River were all unforgettable experiences.  On prior cruises,
Resolute ably took us from Minneapolis to Sanibel, including the entire
Cumberland River, and circumvented Southern Florida including the Florida
Keys. Now I have the pleasure of returning the boat to her home port of
Sanibel, and commencing my second "Loop."
We hope to be home by mid-November, depending on the post-hurricane
condition of the ICW in the Panhandle. I can't say enough about the
dependability and seaworthiness of our Nordic Tugs. To boot, our boat
attracted attention wherever we were en route.
Regards,
Bill Hjerpe
Resolute
32-185