[Sentoa] Completion of the Great Circle Route

William Hjerpe wdhjerpe at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:54:13 EDT 2004

Hi Jack, Good to hear from you, and thanks for your concerns.  Our house
sustained very little damage, even though it took the full force of the
hurricane right on the chin.  I understand that you fared quite well too. We
had some minor water infiltration through a trap door onto the roof.  The
yard, however, was completely destroyed, the swimming pool was flooded with
salt water and our garages and storage room on the ground level were
flooded. We left the boat on the Erie Canal, drove to FL, and cleaned up the
mess after they allowed us on the island.  Due to storm related
complications trying to get Resolute home, I'll have to cancel my
reservation for the Cummins class. I have about 2000 digital images of the
trip, and I am now trying to figure out how to best use my material.

Best regards, Bill