[Sentoa] Zinc replacement interval

Fritz Kucklick fritz at kucklick.com
Mon Oct 25 09:09:27 EDT 2004

In Florida I replace all zincs and touch up the bottom paint every year.
Need to wipe down the bottom with a sponge or brush every month or so to
knock off baby barnacles and other stuff that grows.

The bottom has only been totally repainted once since 1988. Bottom paint
touchup is done primarily on the skeg where we abrade it on the sandy bottom
which seems to move around with the Florida tides and weather. My touchup
kit includes a partial bucket of bottom paint with the brush stored inside.
Open lid, mix it up, apply, and close it. No cleanup this way.

Regards,
Fritz Kucklick
Puffin 32-15