[Sentoa] Re: Sentoa Digest, Vol 16, Issue 23

Steve Weiser s.weiser at comcast.net
Mon Oct 25 23:59:35 EDT 2004

Jean and Ron....here's my biased opinion.  We have a Brooks Cargo Mast
and stow the dink on the upper deck.....I call it the boat deck as a
result.    I don't think it is difficult at all to launch and retrieve.
  However, we don't have a pet that has to be taken ashore periodically
(and we won't have a pet).

The drawbacks to stowing on the transom are many, but I can only
remember a couple:  as someone said, a big wave catching the thing
could do some damage;  looks ugly;  hides your boat name;  restricts
visibility astern;  complicates getting on/off your boat in the marine.

Steve Weiser
SKYLARK
Nordic Tug 37 #114
Alameda, Calif.