[Sentoa] Dinghy Retrieval

Steve Weiser s.weiser at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 12:09:21 EDT 2004

I completely agree with Herb Nickle's comments (excerpt below),
especially about the weight of the package.  In our case, we have a 9'
3" Zodiac with inflatable floor, weight about 65 lbs, and a 5hp Honda
4-cycle, weight about 65 lbs.   This little motor is so economical that
I carry a little 4 gallon gas tank hoping I'll use up the gas before it
goes stale, and I never do, so I put stabilizer in it.

By the way, my 10 year old granddaughter was able to crank the winch
this summer with the above package. Don't forget it's a 16:1 winch and
then you have the additional leverage effect of the blocks, which
adds....what?......another 6:1?

I've seen the AquaPro aluminum RIB and it is a really fine product as
far as I can tell.  I think they're made in Australia or New
Zealand...?

Steve Weiser
SKYLARK
Nordic Tug 37 #114