[Sentoa] Electric motor for dinghy

ContiPlan at aol.com ContiPlan at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 09:52:22 EDT 2006

We purchased our 26-147 from the original owner in 1999.  In 2000 we had her
transported to Lake Powell, Utah for two weeks of exploration.

There were three of us on board, wife, dog and me.  Dog required many trips
to shore during that two weeks.

We purchased a West Marine 8' roll up inflatable (slat floor), a MinnKota
trolling motor and an AGM battery.  We already had a 400 wt inverter on board to
power my laptop, so I bought a smart battery charger to re-charge the AGM as
my house battery was an 8D wet cell.

Used the setup dozens of times with no problems.  Just removed the battery
and MinnKota when ever we were moving to another location, which was daily.

Also, it meant I didn't have to put gasoline on my diesel powered boat.

Ps.    We did the length of the lake, from the NE landing to the SW one, over
500 miles total and never re-fueled!

John & Lynn Poltere
Charisma 26-147
Ventura, CA & Whidbey Island, WA