[Sentoa] Raymarine E120 Problems?

Rich Losch rich at richardloschinc.com
Wed Oct 4 11:32:17 EDT 2006

Hi Jeff,

I had several problems with my Raymarine "suite" of electronics in 2002
when we purchased Sea Racer new.  I believe they are the "C" generation
before the E-series.   Being relatively new product at that time, the
different linked-together components weren't all on the same page.

The Sonar Display, GPS, and the Autopilot went back to the factory for
hardware (board) changes, and my electronics guy brought the software in
all of the units to the same and latest rev 4.1.  It took a year of
messin' around.

But since then, except for random shutdowns of the GPS unit, everything
plays together as an excellent and valuable navigation tool.  Even so, I
think I'll go with Furuno on my next boat.

Check the Raymarine website for the latest fixes and software revisions,
and compare to your software revision when your units boot up.

Rich Losch
SEA RACER  NT 42-041
Anacortes