[Sentoa] Sentoa Digest, Vol 40, Issue 5

Steve Weiser s.weiser at comcast.net
Thu Oct 5 00:52:00 EDT 2006

I second the comment about Furuno being preferred over Raymarine.
I've heard too many stories about Raymarine problems, and I think
their customer service is weak at best.  If I were commissioning all
over again,  I would not install anything Raymarine.

Our C120 problems were solved by replacing the GPS unit.  Make sure
you have, or get, the Raystar 125, not the Raystar 120.  Of course,
Raymarine never notified registered owners that the 120 GPS unit was/
is suspect.   Why do we send in the registration cards like
programmed cyborgs?  We think we're going to get some benefit, or
some benign care from the company.  Instead, we get nothing unless we
pursue it relentlessly.

Steve Weiser
SKYLARK
Nordic Tug 37 #114