[Sentoa] Raymarine vs Furuno vs...

Scott Gordon srgordon at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 11:43:53 EDT 2006

Our previous boat was all Furuno, and although very
reliable, I did not feel the user interface was that
intuitive, and ended up using fewer of the system's
actual capabilities as a result.

Our new 37 Flybridge has a complete Raymarine package
centered on a Raymarine E120 in the pilothouse and an
E80 on the bridge, along with Raymarine radar,
autopilots and the wireless pilot control.  We
recently added AIS, which is quite impressive and
useful.  This system, installed by Anacortes Marine
Electronics, has worked extremely well for us, and I
find the interface to be thoroughly intuitive, fast,
and easy to learn.  It is essential to check that the
system software is always up-to-date, however, as with
any new system, it is being updated to accomodate user
feedback and new feature rollouts (such as integrated
AIS).  My understanding is that the new E-series is
vastly improved over the C-series which had a variety
of problems.

Scott Gordon
"Lured Aweigh"
37-157