[Sentoa] AC Pump Lost Prime(Cook, Carey) (Kenyon Hiser)

amg10801 at aol.com amg10801 at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 13:23:18 EDT 2006

What I did  to pump anti-freeze into the A/C seawater pump was to  close the
hull valve, empty the water out of the strainer body and screwed  a pipe into
the body of the strainer. The pipe was about 6-7 inches long.  I filled the
strainer and the pipe with anti-freeze, had a gallon or two of  anti-freeze
ready and started the pump. As the level in the pipe went down, and  it went down
quickly, I poured the 2 gallons of anti-freeze into the pipe. (I  put a hole
in the top of the anti-freeze container to avoid the liquid from  gurgling)
When I checked outside, there was pink fluid in the water. Based on  that I
concluded that the anti-freeze displaced all of the seawater previously  in the
system.

Terry Gargan
New Rochelle, NY
Charlie Noble 32.004 (1986)