[Sentoa] Fun with Stoves and Water Heaters

AJLYNN at aol.com AJLYNN at aol.com
Mon Jun 25 15:19:15 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/25/2007 2:45:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
CCook at sandc.com writes:

What  might be the likely cause?

For a long time, I had problems with almost invisible leaks that were
caused, I think, by too many years of hose clamps, plastic tubing and hot  water.
The leaks were so insidious and so small that finding them was  difficult.

When I had an a/c and genset installed, the new hot water heater --  after 8
years the old one was shot -- was moved to beneath the inboard removable
section of the athwartships bench seat.  The new location, above the water  line,
seems to result in a better flow. The new heater certainly does a  better job
of producing hot water.

When I first got the boat, the water heater would trip the circuit  breaker
when the water got too hot. I don't remember if I was able to  adjust the temp
or not, but the problem eventually disappeared.

If I were you, I'd replace the heater and check the in and out lines for
distortion, fissures and just plain old age.

Jack Lynn
Bunny's Heron
32-102

Jack  Lynn, APR