[Sentoa] puller for cutlass bearing

LSIMPKINS53 at bellsouth.net LSIMPKINS53 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 9 16:00:52 EST 2008

Butch:
Just a note on your cutlass bearing removal. My husband is in the process of changing out ours. What took the longest time was locating the puller tool to pull the bearings! Finally after searching for 5 weeks, we got the tool from Snap-On tools. After obtaining the puller, it took all of 5 minutes to get the bearings out. We then had to order the bearings from www.hamiltonmarine,com in Maine for $69 each. Beat everyone elses price by $50! I ordered them last Friday and they came yesterday. So, over the weekend we will finish that job! Good luck to you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the procedure.
--
Lynn Simpkins
lsimpkins53 at bellsouth.net
NT-26 O'Mighty Tug
Ashland City, TN

-------------- Original message from "Hubert Wrocklage" <HWrocklage at lubriplate.com>: --------------

 I would like to ask you fellow tuggers, about the pro and con of flexible couplings. I certainly appreciated the response on cutless bearing removal. I will be going through that exercise soon.

The coupling I am looking at is the R&D FLEXIBLE COUPLING. What do you think?
Sincerely,
Butch Wrocklage
St. Louis, MO. 63128
NECESSITY TOO 32015