[Sentoa] Chemical Bottom Paint Strippers

Chip Worster olesalte at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 22 14:24:40 EST 2008

I'm getting ready to do the bottom paint routine on my NT. It has several years accumulation of bottom paint and it's time I strip it down to the hull. I am considering using a chemical stripper. One concern is damage to the gel coat. Practical Sailor recommends Petit Bio-Blast and a product called Franmar Soy Strip. Have any of you tuggers had any experience with chemical strippers?

Chip Worster Aboard Nordic Tug "Chip Ahoy"
olesalte at earthlink.net
Life is too Short to Cruise an Ugly Boat