[Sentoa] 26' windshield defog

Herb Nickles snorri at allhandsandthecook.com
Wed Jan 30 10:03:23 EST 2008

Jim,

I've seen Nordic Tug 32's, predating the factory installed defroster,
whose owners have mounted low-draw 12 volt fans on each side of the
pilothouse aimed at the windows.  Hella makes one that was highly
rated by Powerboat Reports a few years back.  It only draws 200 mA
and has a 5,000 hour motor.  Caframo makes a less expensive fan but
the motor is only rated at 2,000 hours.  Nevertheless, I have three
of the Caframo units in our staterooms and they have worked well to
keep the air moving on muggy nights.

Herb Nickles
Snorri, 37-049
Chatham, MA