[Sentoa] Electrical Upgrades to Respite

Richard Nye rvnye at cox.net
Mon Sep 13 21:24:37 EDT 2010

I put these in my 32-296

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&categ
ory=MR16&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FG4-xWHP10-D.htm#photos

They were $15 each.  The cost really adds up.  I think in the NT32 there are
8 in the foc¹sle, 4 in the pilot house, 2 in the head, and 6 in the salon
(going by memory - I could be wrong).  The hard part was removing the glass
lens from the light fixtures.  There is a bayonet fitting made out of
plastic and it¹s hard to get a good grip on it to unscrew the plastic
housing.

I went with the warm white except in the head, those are the bright white.
If I had to do it over again, I¹d do the same.  The light isn¹t quite as
attractive as the halogen bulbs.  It¹s a bit more yellow.  But the LEDs
don¹t give off any heat, and I don¹t feel like I need to control the amount
of time they¹re on.  They are plenty bright too.

I wouldn¹t hesitate to do that again.

Dick Nye
Sojourn, Newport Beach, CA
NT32-296