[Sentoa] Sentoa Digest, Vol 19, Issue 22

Steve Weiser s.weiser at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 00:52:55 EST 2013

Bob, is the diameter you mentioned the rudder shaft diameter?

Also, Tides Marine shows two types:   one is a "SureSeal" and the other is a "Strong Seal".  Do you know which type was used on the NT37 of my vintage?

It looks like you have to slide these over the top of the rudder post.  That would of course mean disconnecting the steering mechanism etc.

Is there a recommended replacement cycle on these seals, rather than just waiting for one to fail?

Steve Weiser
Nordic Tug 37-114
SKYLARK
Alameda, Calif.