[Sentoa] Waste Tank Monitor - Tank Watch 4

Richard Cook richardcook257 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:09:05 EST 2016

Hi Tom,

I recently had my vacuflush and holding tank system worked on by the
"Prince of Porcelain" in Sidney BC.  Among other issues, my holding tank
lights were working oddly.  He removed the cap to the holding tank (in
the bilge just forward of the engine).  It was clear that the floats on
the tank level probes were badly corroded, and partly eaten away.  They
no longer floated up and down well, and one was eaten away enough that
even when it moved it could not properly activate the light indicating
waste level. Since separate probes are used to activate the different
lights, I wonder if it's possible that one of your probes is corroded.

I have not yet done it, but he said I could get a replacement set of
probes from Marine Sanitation in Seattle. Sealand part SLB 230930

Richad Cook
2002 NT 37-065