sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Stern thruster on a 34

RF
REBECCA FREDERICK
Mon, Dec 6, 2021 9:11 PM

After 13 years of ownership I’m considering a stern thruster for various reasons. Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a 34 post factory? I am interested in which model, location, performance, etc. FYI even though it is considered a 32 it does have the integrated swim platform.
Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give.
Rebecca Frederick
“Kismet”
2006
32-267

Sent from my iPad

After 13 years of ownership I’m considering a stern thruster for various reasons. Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a 34 post factory? I am interested in which model, location, performance, etc. FYI even though it is considered a 32 it does have the integrated swim platform. Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give. Rebecca Frederick “Kismet” 2006 32-267 Sent from my iPad
WB
William Boyer
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Hey Merry Christmas!
A stern thruster on a 34 is usually mounted at the stern with the motor in
the "swim platform. In order to protect the thruster sticking out of the
swim platform a 2" diameter stainless steel U shape bar is mounted over the
thruster blades. I will ask Ben and Tom to confirm and perhaps there are
some pictures of this install.

Bill Boyer

--
Bill

Hey Merry Christmas! A stern thruster on a 34 is usually mounted at the stern with the motor in the "swim platform. In order to protect the thruster sticking out of the swim platform a 2" diameter stainless steel U shape bar is mounted over the thruster blades. I will ask Ben and Tom to confirm and perhaps there are some pictures of this install. Bill Boyer On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 4:11 PM REBECCA FREDERICK via Sentoa < sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > After 13 years of ownership I’m considering a stern thruster for various > reasons. Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a 34 post factory? I am > interested in which model, location, performance, etc. FYI even though it > is considered a 32 it does have the integrated swim platform. > Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give. > Rebecca Frederick > “Kismet” > 2006 > 32-267 > > Sent from my iPad > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org > -- Bill
AA
angelo amuzzin.com
Tue, Dec 7, 2021 7:10 PM

Merry Christmas to all,

Our boat (NT32-300) has a stern thruster installed by the original owner.  Install was done by Cap Sante Marine in Anacortes.  Attached is a photo of the exterior view. We have a Lewmar 185TT on the bow and the stern is a Lewmar 140TT.  It’s nice having a stern thruster.

Rebecca, if you would like more information on the electrical configuration, happy to provide.

Cheers,

Angelo
“Salish Star”
NT32-300

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 4:11 PM REBECCA FREDERICK via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.orgmailto:sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:
After 13 years of ownership I’m considering a stern thruster for various reasons. Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a 34 post factory? I am interested in which model, location, performance, etc. FYI even though it is considered a 32 it does have the integrated swim platform.
Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give.
Rebecca Frederick
“Kismet”
2006
32-267

Sent from my iPad

--
Bill

Merry Christmas to all, Our boat (NT32-300) has a stern thruster installed by the original owner. Install was done by Cap Sante Marine in Anacortes. Attached is a photo of the exterior view. We have a Lewmar 185TT on the bow and the stern is a Lewmar 140TT. It’s nice having a stern thruster. Rebecca, if you would like more information on the electrical configuration, happy to provide. Cheers, Angelo “Salish Star” NT32-300 Note: this email might be a repeat of an earlier email that bounced back due to image size. From: William Boyer via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 9:24 AM To: South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA) <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org>; Ben Wilde <wildeben@aol.com>; Tom Callan <yachtmasters@comcast.net> Cc: William Boyer <willrboy@gmail.com> Subject: [Sentoa] Re: Stern thruster on a 34 Hey Merry Christmas! A stern thruster on a 34 is usually mounted at the stern with the motor in the "swim platform. In order to protect the thruster sticking out of the swim platform a 2" diameter stainless steel U shape bar is mounted over the thruster blades. I will ask Ben and Tom to confirm and perhaps there are some pictures of this install. Bill Boyer On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 4:11 PM REBECCA FREDERICK via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org<mailto:sentoa@lists.sentoa.org>> wrote: After 13 years of ownership I’m considering a stern thruster for various reasons. Has anyone installed a stern thruster on a 34 post factory? I am interested in which model, location, performance, etc. FYI even though it is considered a 32 it does have the integrated swim platform. Thank you in advance for any help or information you can give. Rebecca Frederick “Kismet” 2006 32-267 Sent from my iPad _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org<mailto:sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org<mailto:sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org> -- Bill