sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Boat lettering and mattresses

TP
Thomas Parrent
Wed, Jul 7, 2021 1:22 AM

Counting down the days until I close on  a 2009 NT 37. I’m not close to the boat now so I’m looking for some help on measurements.

Does anyone know the size of the accent stripe along the hull? I want to order lettering for the boat name ahead of time so it’s ready to go when I take possession.

This boat has the center queen in the master and a double(ish) in the guest cabin. Not sure if there were different configurations at that time. I want to order new mattresses for both cabins. I have been in touch with BoatBeds.com but need measurements to get the process started. Has anyone used them for mattresses? Does anyone have precise measurements?

Counting down the days until I close on a 2009 NT 37. I’m not close to the boat now so I’m looking for some help on measurements. Does anyone know the size of the accent stripe along the hull? I want to order lettering for the boat name ahead of time so it’s ready to go when I take possession. This boat has the center queen in the master and a double(ish) in the guest cabin. Not sure if there were different configurations at that time. I want to order new mattresses for both cabins. I have been in touch with BoatBeds.com but need measurements to get the process started. Has anyone used them for mattresses? Does anyone have precise measurements?
FF
Fire Fighter
Wed, Jul 7, 2021 5:19 AM

I no longer own my Tug so I can't measure for you. For the mattresses, some people have bought the "bed in a box" type of foam mattresses and used an electric knife to trim them to an exact fit. Many different brands to choose from, and I am reasonably sure a Queen is large enough to be trimmed to fit.
Hopefully this idea helps,
Tom Easterbrook
formerly Pilitak NT 37-068
Nanaimo, BC
PS- If you are interested, I have some written material on boat handling that in conjunction with lessons, you may find helpful. Send me an email if interested and I will send them to you. firehoser75@hotmail.com