sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Recommendations for a Nordic Tug 32 Survey?

JR
Jason Resch
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 2:27 PM

Hello. We are pending on Hot Sauce (32). Looking for any recommendations
for a proper survey. Jason 503-997-7818

Hello. We are pending on Hot Sauce (32). Looking for any recommendations for a proper survey. Jason 503-997-7818
gefuller5@comcast.net
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 3:15 PM

If you are looking for a surveyor you will need to provide some sort of clue to where you are.

If you are looking for a list things to survey then the chosen surveyor will be the best source. There is also a ton of stuff on line.

Finally, there are specific issues for each Nordic Tug model, but a lot depends on the age of the boat. Older boats always have concerns over water intrusion in the upper deck and around the pilot house.

If you provide a bit more detail you will get lots of answers.

Gene Fuller

Yorkshire Rose

NT 37-136

If you are looking for a surveyor you will need to provide some sort of clue to where you are. If you are looking for a list things to survey then the chosen surveyor will be the best source. There is also a ton of stuff on line. Finally, there are specific issues for each Nordic Tug model, but a lot depends on the age of the boat. Older boats always have concerns over water intrusion in the upper deck and around the pilot house. If you provide a bit more detail you will get lots of answers. Gene Fuller *Yorkshire Rose* NT 37-136
FF
Fire Fighter
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 4:05 PM

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the Nordic Tug family. Gene is totally correct. Not enough info provided for us to be of much help. However, there are indications that the boat has been cared for, better yet, it has been loved. One indication is the ER and engine. Is the engine covered in rust and/or oil and grease, or can you practically eat off of it?? Only an indication, but if the owner takes really good care of the engine and room, that usually means (at least better odds) that he cares for his boat. General appearances can "tell a story".
You need to find a good surveyor (check for references) and a good mechanic to carefully go over the boat. This is usually very area specific.
Good luck,
Tom Easterbrook
formerly Pilitak NT 37-068
Nanaimo, BC

Hello. We are pending on Hot Sauce (32). Looking for any recommendations for a proper survey. Jason 503-997-7818

Hi Jason, Welcome to the Nordic Tug family. Gene is totally correct. Not enough info provided for us to be of much help. However, there are indications that the boat has been cared for, better yet, it has been loved. One indication is the ER and engine. Is the engine covered in rust and/or oil and grease, or can you practically eat off of it?? Only an indication, but if the owner takes really good care of the engine and room, that usually means (at least better odds) that he cares for his boat. General appearances can "tell a story". You need to find a good surveyor (check for references) and a good mechanic to carefully go over the boat. This is usually very area specific. Good luck, Tom Easterbrook formerly Pilitak NT 37-068 Nanaimo, BC ________________________________ From: Jason Resch via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Sent: September 22, 2021 7:27 AM To: sentoa@lists.sentoa.org <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Cc: Jason Resch <hescher@gmail.com> Subject: [Sentoa] Recommendations for a Nordic Tug 32 Survey? Hello. We are pending on Hot Sauce (32). Looking for any recommendations for a proper survey. Jason 503-997-7818
JP
john pardington
Wed, Sep 22, 2021 5:11 PM

Jason in addition to the great advice above I also hired a Cummins engine tech in addition to a surveyor located here in Traverse City Michigan when I purchased my 2000 Nordic 37 last fall. He spent about 4 hours going over every aspect of my Cummins 330 in the slip and on the water. Good luck.

John Pardington
NT 37 Lisa Marie
Traverse City MI

Sent from my iPhone