sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Salon Blind removal ?

polingk@gmail.com
Fri, Jun 17, 2022 9:47 PM

We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug.  We would like to replace them.  The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult.  We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows.  I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife.  I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind.  Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier?

We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier?
RS
Rick Schmidtke
Fri, Jun 17, 2022 10:29 PM

Go to United Shade website.  Find install instructions, you will see that the blinds snap in a clip.  Looks like you twist the top of the blind and it should release.  No guarantee, but should help you

37-116

Sent from my iPad
Rick Schmidtke

On Jun 17, 2022, at 2:48 PM, Stout via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier?

Go to United Shade website. Find install instructions, you will see that the blinds snap in a clip. Looks like you twist the top of the blind and it should release. No guarantee, but should help you 37-116 Sent from my iPad Rick Schmidtke > On Jun 17, 2022, at 2:48 PM, Stout via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > >  > We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier? > > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
RS
Rick Schmidtke
Fri, Jun 17, 2022 10:34 PM

Sorry, see that you know they go in a clip.  Don’t know if a tool. I was able to twist out with my hands when I restrung a set

Sent from my iPad
Rick Schmidtke

On Jun 17, 2022, at 3:29 PM, Rick Schmidtke fhschmidtke@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

Sorry, see that you know they go in a clip. Don’t know if a tool. I was able to twist out with my hands when I restrung a set Sent from my iPad Rick Schmidtke > On Jun 17, 2022, at 3:29 PM, Rick Schmidtke <fhschmidtke@gmail.com> wrote: > > Go to United Shade website. Find install instructions, you will see that the blinds snap in a clip. Looks like you twist the top of the blind and it should release. No guarantee, but should help you > > 37-116 > > Sent from my iPad > Rick Schmidtke > >>> On Jun 17, 2022, at 2:48 PM, Stout via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: >>> >>  >> We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier? >> >> _______________________________________________ >> Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org >> To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
SN
Scott Nowak
Sat, Jun 18, 2022 2:02 AM

I have restrung three of my shades.  I removed using a small flat blade screwdriver.  The restring kits have supplies to do 6 shades.  United Shades has a tutorial on youtube.    I found it more difficult to put the shades back into the clips.

Scott  32-264  Whispering Sea

We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier?

I have restrung three of my shades. I removed using a small flat blade screwdriver. The restring kits have supplies to do 6 shades. United Shades has a tutorial on youtube. I found it more difficult to put the shades back into the clips. Scott 32-264 Whispering Sea ________________________________ From: Stout via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 5:47 PM To: sentoa@lists.sentoa.org <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Cc: polingk@gmail.com <polingk@gmail.com> Subject: [Sentoa] Salon Blind removal ? We have the United Shade vertical blinds with sheer and blackout in our 2008 tug. We would like to replace them. The way they are mounted with the clips screwed into the ceiling makes removing the blinds very difficult. We have the wood trim along the top of the blinds and between the windows. I have tried a flat bladed screw driver and a stiff putty knife. I have not been able to release any of them as I am afraid the tool will slip and I will bugger the ceiling vinyl or the blind. Has anyone found a tool that makes this easier?
polingk@gmail.com
Sun, Jun 19, 2022 7:41 PM

Rick/Scott, Thanks for your suggestions.  I will be at the boat tomorrow to look at them again.  The way the clips are installed on our boat, they are against the wall and the ceiling.  That limits the movement I can see when I try using a tool to get them to release. I will post if I find a solution.  Cheers, Kevin