sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Re: Fwd: Coolant leak - on an early NT26 ?

NT
Nancy Taylor
Sat, Jan 6, 2024 8:08 PM

Good morning, wanted to send an update to this thread!

We found it was due to a weak impellar that wasnt pumping enough water at higher RPMs and was causing the engine to overheat and vent out of the cap.

Solution was to remove and replace the impellar. Thank you all for the helpful advice!

Trent and Nancy

Puffin

On Sunday, December 10, 2023 at 10:19:09 PM EST, Brian via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

One further place to check is the hot water tank hose connection in addition to the heater hose. We have a 1983 NT 26, Perkins 4.236 and cruise out of Blind River, Ontario.

Brian Stewart

Land locked In Toronto

Tuglet, NT 26 #080 1983

bgs@pilgrimspassages.com
www.pilgrimspassages.com

On Dec 10, 2023, at 15:51, Nancy Taylor via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

Hello I am so sorry for not including it was NT26, Perkins 4.236 85Hp and it is a 26' 1984 nordic tug. I can't seem to log in or see how I can update that to the thread :-(

From: Nancy Taylor via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org>

While underway tonight, our engine temp buzzer came on. We shut down the engine immediately, opened engine compartment and noticed all the radiator fluid was pooled on the bottom of the hull. Anyone experience this or have any ideas on where to start troubleshooting?
Thank you,
Nancy and Trent

Sent from my iPhone

gefuller5@comcast.net
Mon, Jan 8, 2024 1:23 PM

The Johnson pumps have not been manufactured for 25 years.

There must be some misunderstanding here. Johnson pumps are still manufactured and they are a major supplier to the marine industry. I bought a genuine Johnson impeller pump for my previous boat not too long ago.

The specific model you needed may be obsolete, but not Johnson pumps overall.

Gene Fuller

Yorkshire Rose

NT 37-136

Punta Gorda, FL

*The Johnson pumps have not been manufactured for 25 years.* There must be some misunderstanding here. Johnson pumps are still manufactured and they are a major supplier to the marine industry. I bought a genuine Johnson impeller pump for my previous boat not too long ago. The specific model you needed may be obsolete, but not Johnson pumps overall. Gene Fuller *Yorkshire Rose* NT 37-136 Punta Gorda, FL