sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Television Question 34 tug

PC
Preston Claytor
Mon, Aug 30, 2021 7:25 PM

A question for those with a late model tug with the drop down TV and Fusion/Garmin sound system….

My 2018 produced 34 has the Fusion DVD sound system which works  great with the Garmin Electronics.  For television you can pop in a DVD which will play through the ARC input and thus on the TV with sound through the sound system (not tv) speakers.  Works great.

For television I am using an Amazon Fire stick which requires internet.  Not a great plan given marina internet infrastructure.  My tug is equipped with the “cable” input above Shore Power 2 on the port side.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a marina that offers cable with which to test it.

This spring I tried hooking an indoor digital TV antenna to the cable input.  Nothing worked.  This winter I would like to install a digital antenna on the masthead, a better and more permanent solution.

I still do not know where the “Cable" inlet connects to?  I have a friend who is an electronics guru who will be bringing the proper meter to determine if the cable actually connects directly to the rear of the TV, which does have a coax input.

The question for those with a Fusion system:

Does the Fusion system interact with your TV through the ARC, meaning does the TV coax input signal go to the Fusion and then on to the TV or does the coax feed the TV directly and thus the sound only is emitted by the TV internal speaker?

Does anyone with this system have any input about installing the external digital TV antenna at the masthead?

Thanks,

Preston Claytor
Leland Tug  NT-34

[...]
SH
stephen.h.hill@gmail.com
Mon, Aug 30, 2021 7:28 PM

You should try asking the NT factory fir wiring drawings for your hull number
Cheers
Stephen Hill
NT37-199
Tug’n

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Preston Claytor via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

[...]

You should try asking the NT factory fir wiring drawings for your hull number Cheers Stephen Hill NT37-199 Tug’n Sent from my iPhone > On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Preston Claytor via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > > A question for those with a late model tug with the drop down TV and Fusion/Garmin sound system…. > > My 2018 produced 34 has the Fusion DVD sound system which works great with the Garmin Electronics. For television you can pop in a DVD which will play through the ARC input and thus on the TV with sound through the sound system (not tv) speakers. Works great. > > For television I am using an Amazon Fire stick which requires internet. Not a great plan given marina internet infrastructure. My tug is equipped with the “cable” input above Shore Power 2 on the port side. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a marina that offers cable with which to test it. > > This spring I tried hooking an indoor digital TV antenna to the cable input. Nothing worked. This winter I would like to install a digital antenna on the masthead, a better and more permanent solution. > > I still do not know where the “Cable" inlet connects to? I have a friend who is an electronics guru who will be bringing the proper meter to determine if the cable actually connects directly to the rear of the TV, which does have a coax input. > > The question for those with a Fusion system: > > Does the Fusion system interact with your TV through the ARC, meaning does the TV coax input signal go to the Fusion and then on to the TV or does the coax feed the TV directly and thus the sound only is emitted by the TV internal speaker? > > Does anyone with this system have any input about installing the external digital TV antenna at the masthead? > > Thanks, > > Preston Claytor > Leland Tug NT-34 > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
PC
Preston Claytor
Mon, Aug 30, 2021 8:55 PM

NT doesn’t return phone calls or answer punch list (warranty) emails.

Not my favorite company right now.

Preston Claytor
Leland Tug

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:28 PM, stephen.h.hill@gmail.com wrote:

[...]

NT doesn’t return phone calls or answer punch list (warranty) emails. Not my favorite company right now. Preston Claytor Leland Tug Sent from my iPad > On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:28 PM, stephen.h.hill@gmail.com wrote: > > You should try asking the NT factory fir wiring drawings for your hull number > Cheers > Stephen Hill > NT37-199 > Tug’n > > Sent from my iPhone > >> On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Preston Claytor via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: >> >> A question for those with a late model tug with the drop down TV and Fusion/Garmin sound system…. >> >> My 2018 produced 34 has the Fusion DVD sound system which works great with the Garmin Electronics. For television you can pop in a DVD which will play through the ARC input and thus on the TV with sound through the sound system (not tv) speakers. Works great. >> >> For television I am using an Amazon Fire stick which requires internet. Not a great plan given marina internet infrastructure. My tug is equipped with the “cable” input above Shore Power 2 on the port side. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a marina that offers cable with which to test it. >> >> This spring I tried hooking an indoor digital TV antenna to the cable input. Nothing worked. This winter I would like to install a digital antenna on the masthead, a better and more permanent solution. >> >> I still do not know where the “Cable" inlet connects to? I have a friend who is an electronics guru who will be bringing the proper meter to determine if the cable actually connects directly to the rear of the TV, which does have a coax input. >> >> The question for those with a Fusion system: >> >> Does the Fusion system interact with your TV through the ARC, meaning does the TV coax input signal go to the Fusion and then on to the TV or does the coax feed the TV directly and thus the sound only is emitted by the TV internal speaker? >> >> Does anyone with this system have any input about installing the external digital TV antenna at the masthead? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Preston Claytor >> Leland Tug NT-34 >> _______________________________________________ >> Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org >> To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
DA
Dave Allen
Mon, Aug 30, 2021 9:22 PM

Hello Preston,

Please send me an email davea@nordictugs.com

Thank You,

Sincerely,

Dave Allen
Ph: 360.757.8833

www.nordictugs.com
Facebook: Nordic Tugs - Factory

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential or privileged material and is
intended for use solely by the above-referenced recipient. Any review,
copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other
person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named recipient,
or believe you have received this email in error, please reply to the sender
and delete the copy you received. Thank you.

Hello Preston, Please send me an email davea@nordictugs.com Thank You, Sincerely, Dave Allen Ph: 360.757.8833 www.nordictugs.com Facebook: Nordic Tugs - Factory NOTICE: This email may contain confidential or privileged material and is intended for use solely by the above-referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use by any other person or entity is strictly prohibited. If you are not the named recipient, or believe you have received this email in error, please reply to the sender and delete the copy you received. Thank you. -----Original Message----- From: Preston Claytor via Sentoa [mailto:sentoa@lists.sentoa.org] Sent: Monday, August 30, 2021 1:55 PM To: stephen.h.hill@gmail.com Cc: South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA); Preston Claytor Subject: [Sentoa] Re: Television Question 34 tug NT doesn’t return phone calls or answer punch list (warranty) emails. Not my favorite company right now. Preston Claytor Leland Tug Sent from my iPad > On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:28 PM, stephen.h.hill@gmail.com wrote: > > You should try asking the NT factory fir wiring drawings for your > hull number Cheers Stephen Hill > NT37-199 > Tug’n > > Sent from my iPhone > >> On Aug 30, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Preston Claytor via Sentoa >> <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: >> >> A question for those with a late model tug with the drop down TV and >> Fusion/Garmin sound system…. >> >> My 2018 produced 34 has the Fusion DVD sound system which works great >> with the Garmin Electronics. For television you can pop in a DVD which >> will play through the ARC input and thus on the TV with sound through the >> sound system (not tv) speakers. Works great. >> >> For television I am using an Amazon Fire stick which requires internet. >> Not a great plan given marina internet infrastructure. My tug is >> equipped with the “cable” input above Shore Power 2 on the port side. >> Unfortunately, I have yet to find a marina that offers cable with which >> to test it. >> >> This spring I tried hooking an indoor digital TV antenna to the cable >> input. Nothing worked. This winter I would like to install a digital >> antenna on the masthead, a better and more permanent solution. >> >> I still do not know where the “Cable" inlet connects to? I have a friend >> who is an electronics guru who will be bringing the proper meter to >> determine if the cable actually connects directly to the rear of the TV, >> which does have a coax input. >> >> The question for those with a Fusion system: >> >> Does the Fusion system interact with your TV through the ARC, meaning >> does the TV coax input signal go to the Fusion and then on to the TV or >> does the coax feed the TV directly and thus the sound only is emitted by >> the TV internal speaker? >> >> Does anyone with this system have any input about installing the external >> digital TV antenna at the masthead? >> >> Thanks, >> >> Preston Claytor >> Leland Tug NT-34 >> _______________________________________________ >> Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an >> email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org