sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Weaver dinghy davits

HH
Harry Hungate
Wed, Aug 23, 2023 12:12 PM

Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34?  We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits.  Any advice, please.

Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop
Bessie NT 32-238

Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34? We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits. Any advice, please. Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop Bessie NT 32-238
ctassone
Wed, Aug 23, 2023 2:23 PM

Hi Harry,
The previous owner of Bruno 32-190 installed Weaver Davits for his 8’ inflatable. They work well. I don,t have the model number handy but I could find it and send you a picture. The dink attaches at 2 points on the swim platform. These brackets are removable when your not using the dink. The dink swings up using a boom vang that attaches to a Wickard D ring on the rear of the salon roof. There are 2 stainless rods that steady the dink to the stern cockpit coaming
I also installed a Weaver swivel motor mount which allows the outboard to stay on the dink in an upright position. The system has worked well. It does kinda limit using the boarding ladder for swimming if you don’t lower the dink. Let me know if you need more info.

Chris Tassone
Traverse City, MI
Bruno 32-190

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <[sentoa@lists.sentoa.org](mailto:On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <<a href=)> wrote:

Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34? We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits. Any advice, please.

Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop
Bessie NT 32-238

Hi Harry, The previous owner of Bruno 32-190 installed Weaver Davits for his 8’ inflatable. They work well. I don,t have the model number handy but I could find it and send you a picture. The dink attaches at 2 points on the swim platform. These brackets are removable when your not using the dink. The dink swings up using a boom vang that attaches to a Wickard D ring on the rear of the salon roof. There are 2 stainless rods that steady the dink to the stern cockpit coaming I also installed a Weaver swivel motor mount which allows the outboard to stay on the dink in an upright position. The system has worked well. It does kinda limit using the boarding ladder for swimming if you don’t lower the dink. Let me know if you need more info. Chris Tassone Traverse City, MI Bruno 32-190 Sent from Proton Mail for iOS On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <[sentoa@lists.sentoa.org](mailto:On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <<a href=)> wrote: > Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34? We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits. Any advice, please. > > Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop > Bessie NT 32-238 > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
HH
Harry Hungate
Wed, Aug 23, 2023 3:44 PM

Many thanks, Chris. I have emailed Weaver asking what measurements will be needed for mounting our 8 ft Pilot hard dinghy, as both the swim platform and the dinghy are curved. Hope I can get an answer.

All the best,

Harry Hungate

On Aug 23, 2023, at 10:23 AM, ctassone via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

[...]

RM
Ray Munn
Thu, Aug 24, 2023 1:40 PM

Harry -

We have NT32-105, c. 1997, and a Dyer Dhow fiberglass dinghy.  We used Weaver davits with good success, though we applied the brackets in a position reverse to the standard because of the rigid dinghy; we put the clamps on the dinghy and the loops on the swim platform - both are curved, but the stand-off dimension of the mating fixtures accommodated that just fine.

Indeed, the stowed position of the dinghy does block the swim platform, but it’s easily lowered, so no problem.  With the far dinghy gunwale resting nicely on the stern boat rail, and secured there with a simple line, it is absolutely secure.  One movable pulley on the dinghy gives enough mechanical advantage to launch and retrieve the dingy with just one line.

If you wish, I can send you a photo of the installation and the center-center distance of the brackets.

Good luck - it’s worth it!
Ray Munn,
GEM ‘n I

Get Outlook for iOShttps://aka.ms/o0ukef

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org<mailto:On%20Wed,%20Aug%2023,%202023%20at%208:12%20AM,%20Harry%20Hungate%20via%20Sentoa%20<<a%20href=>> wrote:
Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34? We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits. Any advice, please.

Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop
Bessie NT 32-238

Harry - We have NT32-105, c. 1997, and a Dyer Dhow fiberglass dinghy. We used Weaver davits with good success, though we applied the brackets in a position reverse to the standard because of the rigid dinghy; we put the clamps on the dinghy and the loops on the swim platform - both are curved, but the stand-off dimension of the mating fixtures accommodated that just fine. Indeed, the stowed position of the dinghy does block the swim platform, but it’s easily lowered, so no problem. With the far dinghy gunwale resting nicely on the stern boat rail, and secured there with a simple line, it is absolutely secure. One movable pulley on the dinghy gives enough mechanical advantage to launch and retrieve the dingy with just one line. If you wish, I can send you a photo of the installation and the center-center distance of the brackets. Good luck - it’s worth it! Ray Munn, GEM ‘n I Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef> ________________________________ From: Harry Hungate via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2023 11:44:33 AM To: South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA) <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Cc: Harry Hungate <wcx7106@gmail.com> Subject: [Sentoa] Re: Weaver dinghy davits Many thanks, Chris. I have emailed Weaver asking what measurements will be needed for mounting our 8 ft Pilot hard dinghy, as both the swim platform and the dinghy are curved. Hope I can get an answer. All the best, Harry Hungate On Aug 23, 2023, at 10:23 AM, ctassone via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:  Hi Harry, The previous owner of Bruno 32-190 installed Weaver Davits for his 8’ inflatable. They work well. I don,t have the model number handy but I could find it and send you a picture. The dink attaches at 2 points on the swim platform. These brackets are removable when your not using the dink. The dink swings up using a boom vang that attaches to a Wickard D ring on the rear of the salon roof. There are 2 stainless rods that steady the dink to the stern cockpit coaming I also installed a Weaver swivel motor mount which allows the outboard to stay on the dink in an upright position. The system has worked well. It does kinda limit using the boarding ladder for swimming if you don’t lower the dink. Let me know if you need more info. Chris Tassone Traverse City, MI Bruno 32-190 Sent from Proton Mail for iOS On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 8:12 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org<mailto:On%20Wed,%20Aug%2023,%202023%20at%208:12%20AM,%20Harry%20Hungate%20via%20Sentoa%20<<a%20href=>> wrote: Has anyone added Weaver dinghy davits to their NT 32/34? We have an 8 ft. Pilot (ex-sailing dinghy) currently on conventional davits. Any advice, please. Harry Hungate and Jane Lothrop Bessie NT 32-238 _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
DR
Dean Raffaelli
Thu, Aug 24, 2023 6:25 PM

My Weaver’s are on the same way as Gem n’ I.

Since it defeated the under swim platform ladder, I have a

Plastimo Emergency Safety Ladder

Attached to a railing which I can deploy from the water

Dean Raffaelli

Carrie Rose

32044

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 24, 2023, at 9:41 AM, Ray Munn via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

[...]

TC
Terry Caldwell
Thu, Aug 24, 2023 7:05 PM

We added Weaver Davits to our NT37 for our Caribj dingy. They have worked just fine. We have a simple manual hoist for removing the engine and mounting it on a bracket on the stern rail when underway. Hope this helps.

Terry Caldwell

Charley Girl

NT37

Marina Del Rey, CA

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 23, 2023, at 8:45 AM, Harry Hungate via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

[...]

Thu, Aug 24, 2023 11:43 PM

Many thanks for your response. Every bit of information helps!

Best regards,

Harry Hungate

On Aug 24, 2023, at 3:06 PM, Terry Caldwell via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:

[...]

Thu, Aug 24, 2023 11:44 PM