sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Re: Replacement for Xantrex Link 1000 Remote (Harry Hungate)

PM
P MVKW
Fri, Mar 17, 2023 7:05 PM

Harry,

I'm almost certain I bought one of those 6 or 8 years ago for my 42 and
never got around to installing. It's in one of two places if my memory is
correct... on the self above my nav station or in storage I rent.. more
likely the former. I'll ask a friend down at the marina if he wouldn't mind
checking that shelf, and I'll be in the storage place early next week. Will
let you know.

BTW... when I hauled the boat for the final time, my Xantrex died literally
the instant we finished putting the boat away for sale. We replaced it (all
but a single $480 crimp I was charged, and not to be excessively
judgmental, it was a gigantic nothing-special crimp). I remember holding
the remote head in the nav station after that and wondering if it would
work with the new Xantrex. I think that was a yes and if I get time to
look around my office for that notebook, I'll look for that notation too.
My original Xantrex is sitting on the bench in my shop waiting for me to
repair/restore it to use as a high current 13.8VDC power supply for my
amateur radio gear.

Miguel,

--
MV Clock Work
https://www.clockwork-usa.com

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 7:19 AM sentoa-request@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

1. Baltimore marina recommendations (Jonathan Handelman)
2. Replacement for Xantrex Link 1000 Remote (Harry Hungate)

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:49:11 -0400
From: Harry Hungate wcx7106@gmail.com
Subject: [Sentoa] Replacement for Xantrex Link 1000 Remote
To: "South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)"
sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

The control head Xantrex Link 1000 Remote for our Xantrex Freedom 30
Inverter/charger has become erratic and will need to be replaced.  Xantrex
no longer produces the Link 1000 Remote Model 84-2019-02, and I have not
been able to get a  response from Xantrex regarding a replacement.

Has anyone found a replacement?  The inverter/charger works perfectly so I
do not want to spend another 3 boat bucks on a new one.

Harry Hungate
Bessie NT 32-238

Harry, I'm almost certain I bought one of those 6 or 8 years ago for my 42 and never got around to installing. It's in one of two places if my memory is correct... on the self above my nav station or in storage I rent.. more likely the former. I'll ask a friend down at the marina if he wouldn't mind checking that shelf, and I'll be in the storage place early next week. Will let you know. BTW... when I hauled the boat for the final time, my Xantrex died literally the instant we finished putting the boat away for sale. We replaced it (all but a single $480 crimp I was charged, and not to be excessively judgmental, it was a gigantic nothing-special crimp). I remember holding the remote head in the nav station after that and wondering if it would work with the new Xantrex. I *think* that was a yes and if I get time to look around my office for that notebook, I'll look for that notation too. My original Xantrex is sitting on the bench in my shop waiting for me to repair/restore it to use as a high current 13.8VDC power supply for my amateur radio gear. Miguel, -- MV Clock Work https://www.clockwork-usa.com On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 7:19 AM <sentoa-request@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > > 1. Baltimore marina recommendations (Jonathan Handelman) > 2. Replacement for Xantrex Link 1000 Remote (Harry Hungate) > > ------------------------------ > > Message: 2 > Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 14:49:11 -0400 > From: Harry Hungate <wcx7106@gmail.com> > Subject: [Sentoa] Replacement for Xantrex Link 1000 Remote > To: "South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)" > <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> > Message-ID: > < > CABTd+GxZevSTXqmqPLrPab3OUyY_ggo1p1SwgpWCMNXqCoz1AA@mail.gmail.com> > Content-Type: multipart/alternative; > boundary="000000000000b6fe1505f6f4cd2b" > > The control head Xantrex Link 1000 Remote for our Xantrex Freedom 30 > Inverter/charger has become erratic and will need to be replaced. Xantrex > no longer produces the Link 1000 Remote Model 84-2019-02, and I have not > been able to get a response from Xantrex regarding a replacement. > > Has anyone found a replacement? The inverter/charger works perfectly so I > do not want to spend another 3 boat bucks on a new one. > > Harry Hungate > Bessie NT 32-238 > >
HH
Harry Hungate
Fri, Mar 17, 2023 8:11 PM

Hi, Miguel, and many thanks for your email. No hurry, as we won’t return to our boat until 3rd week in May.

73,Harry Hungate. N1UDE/ZL1HAH