sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

overhead panel hardware

PJ
Peter Jenkin
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 4:58 PM

One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box
in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it.  I can't find a
replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is
called.  Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is?

Peter Jenkin
NT37-209

One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it. I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called. Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is? Peter Jenkin NT37-209
Ray
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 7:35 PM

Hi, P & N -
Dog?  Clamp?
GEM ‘n I
NT32-105

Sent from a mobile device; please excuse brevity and typoes.

On Oct 9, 2022, at 12:58, Peter Jenkin via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it.  I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called.  Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is?

Peter Jenkin
NT37-209

Hi, P & N - Dog? Clamp? GEM ‘n I NT32-105 Sent from a mobile device; please excuse brevity and typoes. > On Oct 9, 2022, at 12:58, Peter Jenkin via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > >  > One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it. I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called. Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is? > > Peter Jenkin > NT37-209 > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
KB
Kelly Britz
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 11:00 PM

Hi Peter,
I think you might be describing Perko's 770 "hatch fastener".  Doesn't appear to be a current P/N but looks like it might still be available, i.e.:
boater-supplies.com/product/perko-fig-770-hatch-fastener/https://boater-supplies.com/product/perko-fig-770-hatch-fastener/
maybe you can find just a replacement threaded knob if you can sort out the threads
good luck
Kelly Britz
37-042 Edmonds WA

One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it.  I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called.  Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is?

Peter Jenkin
NT37-209

Hi Peter, I think you might be describing Perko's 770 "hatch fastener". Doesn't appear to be a current P/N but looks like it might still be available, i.e.: boater-supplies.com/product/perko-fig-770-hatch-fastener/<https://boater-supplies.com/product/perko-fig-770-hatch-fastener/> maybe you can find just a replacement threaded knob if you can sort out the threads good luck Kelly Britz 37-042 Edmonds WA ________________________________ From: Peter Jenkin via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2022 9:58 AM To: Nordic Tug Listserver <Sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Cc: Peter Jenkin <ladybug.peter@gmail.com> Subject: [Sentoa] overhead panel hardware One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it. I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called. Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is? Peter Jenkin NT37-209
HH
Harry Hungate
Sun, Oct 9, 2022 11:13 PM

You might try rethreading the handwheel.  Take it and the stud that it fits on to an Ace Hardware store to match it up with the correct hand tap.  They are not expensive and probably cheaper than a new handwheel.

Harry Hungate
Bessie NT 32-238
Home for the winter

On Oct 9, 2022, at 12:58 PM, Peter Jenkin via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it.  I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called.  Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is?

Peter Jenkin
NT37-209

You might try rethreading the handwheel. Take it and the stud that it fits on to an Ace Hardware store to match it up with the correct hand tap. They are not expensive and probably cheaper than a new handwheel. Harry Hungate Bessie NT 32-238 Home for the winter > On Oct 9, 2022, at 12:58 PM, Peter Jenkin via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > >  > One of the Perko nylon handwheels that hold up the teak overhead radio box in place is stripped and needs major force to turn it. I can't find a replacement in the Perko catalog because I don't know what the thing is called. Can anyone tell me what the nomenclature of that thing is? > > Peter Jenkin > NT37-209 > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org