sentoa@lists.sentoa.org

South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA)

View all threads

Rusty bikes

PT
Paul Tangen
Sun, Sep 29, 2024 5:44 PM

Hi Everyone,
We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much.

Paul Tangen
Greta Marie 32-248

Hi Everyone, We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much. Paul Tangen Greta Marie 32-248
JP
Joe Pucciarelli
Tue, Oct 1, 2024 2:28 PM

Thx.
Joe Pucciarelli
Cell: 203-253-1827

On Sep 29, 2024, at 1:45 PM, Paul Tangen via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

CAUTION: External Email.

Hi Everyone,
We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much.

Paul Tangen
Greta Marie 32-248

Thx. Joe Pucciarelli Cell: 203-253-1827 On Sep 29, 2024, at 1:45 PM, Paul Tangen via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: CAUTION: External Email. Hi Everyone, We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much. Paul Tangen Greta Marie 32-248 _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
WA
Weik Anne
Tue, Oct 1, 2024 2:37 PM

that would be god!
2pm oct. 30th
thanks!
anne
On Oct 1, 2024, at 10:28 AM, Joe Pucciarelli via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

Thx.
Joe Pucciarelli
Cell: 203-253-1827

On Sep 29, 2024, at 1:45 PM, Paul Tangen via Sentoa sentoa@lists.sentoa.org wrote:

CAUTION: External Email.

Hi Everyone,
We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much.

Paul Tangen
Greta Marie 32-248

that would be god! 2pm oct. 30th thanks! anne On Oct 1, 2024, at 10:28 AM, Joe Pucciarelli via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote:  Thx. Joe Pucciarelli Cell: 203-253-1827 > On Sep 29, 2024, at 1:45 PM, Paul Tangen via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: > > CAUTION: External Email. > > > Hi Everyone, > We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much. > > Paul Tangen > Greta Marie 32-248 > _______________________________________________ > Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org > To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org
JP
Joe Pucciarelli
Tue, Oct 1, 2024 2:49 PM

Most "standard" bikes will get rusty in a boating environment.

I would suggest that you look at the DAHON Mariner D8 folding bike (with aluminum alloy frame).

We have been using our DAHON Mariner bikes since 2012 without any rust issues. Ours are stored in DAHON bags under our salon, however we are in Connecticut in a saltwater environment. We also take them to condo on the beach in Hollywood Florida (in our car) for the winter.

Joe Pucciarelli
MARJOE 37-175

We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much.

Paul Tangen
Greta Marie 32-248

Most "standard" bikes will get rusty in a boating environment. I would suggest that you look at the DAHON Mariner D8 folding bike (with aluminum alloy frame). We have been using our DAHON Mariner bikes since 2012 without any rust issues. Ours are stored in DAHON bags under our salon, however we are in Connecticut in a saltwater environment. We also take them to condo on the beach in Hollywood Florida (in our car) for the winter. Joe Pucciarelli MARJOE 37-175 ________________________________ From: Joe Pucciarelli <jpucciarelli@sdmmetro.com> Sent: Tuesday, October 1, 2024 10:28 AM To: South East Nordic Tugs Owners' Association (SENTOA) <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> Subject: Re: [Sentoa] Rusty bikes Thx. Joe Pucciarelli On Sep 29, 2024, at 1:45 PM, Paul Tangen via Sentoa <sentoa@lists.sentoa.org> wrote: CAUTION: External Email. Hi Everyone, We have been carrying bikes on the deck lately, They get pretty rusty due to the salt water/air. Has anyone had any luck reducing the rust? We have tried covering the bikes and putting them in bags, but that doesn’t seem to help much. Paul Tangen Greta Marie 32-248 _______________________________________________ Sentoa mailing list -- sentoa@lists.sentoa.org To unsubscribe send an email to sentoa-leave@lists.sentoa.org